By now you’ve seen the posts on social media, heard the ads on local radio, the television spots during Monday Night Football, and the banners flying behind planes all over the city. The Second Annual Local Love Fest and our Everybody’s Brewing Tenth Anniversary Party are indeed this Saturday, Oct. 6th, at our brewery and pub in White Salmon, WA. But just what does go on at this “Festival of Local Love”? What’s involved? What should you bring? Will it be weird if it’s your first time? Is it something you’d want to do with your mom watching? Okay, okay, we hear ya! For anyone out there looking for some details of what to expect on Saturday, look no further:
Local Love Fest Basics:
This is our celebration of all things Columbia River Gorge. We chose ten Gorge businesses to collaborate with to make ten unique, locally-minded beers. (ex: Spicy Lager made using Sweaty Teddy’s Hot Sauce). These beers are made in extremely small quantities, and most are available only during the festival. We work with a wide variety of small, locally-owned businesses to bring you some really cool brew. In addition to these fun collaborations, we also use the occasion to release our finest barrel-aged beers, some of which have been years in the making. There really is something for everyone! It’s become our event of the year with great beer, live music, games, and food.
Local Love Fest FAQs:
- When: Saturday, Oct. 6th
- Where: In our new brewery, beneath our pub at 177 E. Jewett Blvd, in downtown White Salmon, WA. Enter from 2nd street.
- What Time: 1-6pm
- Cost: $10 for admission, a taster glass, and 5 tasting tickets. $1 for each additional tasting ticket.
- Is this an all ages event?
- Local Love Fest is restricted to people 21 and over.
- Cash only?
- No way. This is 2018, we know those little plastic cards are convenient, and we’re prepared to swipe ‘em.
- What about dogs?
- We welcome furry friends to the LLF! However, we can’t have dogs in our pub, so please keep that in mind.
- What if it rains?
- Bring it! This is the Pacific Northwest, a little rain can’t scare us off. We will be partying hard rain or shine!
- Will there be food?
- Yes! We will be selling gumbo, made by Garrett, a long-time employee and friend of Everybody’s, and vegetarian chili.
- Will there be other beer at the LLF?
- We will be selling cans of our Lager, Mt. Mama Pale, Country Boy IPA, and Cryo IPA.
- Is the LLF the same thing as the Anniversary Party?
- Yes and no. While confined to the brewery and requiring separate admission, the Local Love Fest is part of our all-day 10 Year Anniversary celebration. After the festival closes at 6pm, the party will continue in our pub and on our newly completed patio deck.
- What time is last call?
- 5:30pm. It’ll take a good 30 minutes for the party to clear out, and we don’t want you to miss the kickass bands we have lined up in the pub!
Last, but definitely not least, here are some of the exciting collabs you can expect at this year’s festival:
- Hood River Lavender: Dried Lavender Flowers + Berliner Weisse
- STOKED Roasters: Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Coffee Beans + Oatmeal Pale Ale
- Trellis Flowers: Rose Petals + La Pacifique Saison
- Columbia Gorge Mushroom Company: Shiitake Mushrooms + Rice Lager
- Lyle Style: Bloody Mary Mix + Local Logger Lager
- Sweaty Teddy’s: Farm-to-Table Hot Sauce + Country Boy IPA
- Ferment Brewing: Kombucha + The Cryo-Chronic IPA
- Blue Bus Cultured Foods: Shakedown Fermented Beets + Tequila Rico Barrel-Aged Dark Mexican Lager
- Jean Marie’s Garden: Dried Yarrow + Juicy AF Hazy IPA
- Columbia Gorge Organic: Orange Peel + Amber Lager
We’ll see you there!